The Italian Businessmen’s Club and Tuscan Association of Oregon
Present The Third Annual La Vendemmia At Beautiful Ardiri Vineyard
Sunday, 30 September 2012, 1-5 p.m.
$60 per person with live entertainment, discussion/tour with vintner, John Compagno, 2 glasses of wine, and a Vendemmia Feast!
History of the Vendemmia—The Vendemmia is one of civilization’s oldest harvest festivals. In the Ancient World, harvest festivals were a part of every wine producing region. The Italian Vendemmia traces its roots back to the Ancient Greeks and Egyptians. In the fall a grape vine clipping was placed on every family table and the first press of any future wine was dedicated to Bacchus, the Roman god of wine (Dionysos for the Greeks) .
The Vendemmia has survived countless Barbarian invasions, religious wars, and competition from beer drinking nations to be one of the world’s most popular harvest festivals.
Come and join us for ...
Oregon’s only authentic Italian Vendemmia...
La Vendemmia Menu by Chef Stefania Toscano of Taste Unique
- Bagna Cauda: a warm dipping sauce with garlic butter and anchovies for dipping fresh vegetables
- Zuppa di Lenticche e Maltagliati: Lentil soup with homemade fresh pasta
- Pollo’mbriacco: Drunken chicken with mushroom and pancetta cooked in wine.
- Pannacotta: Cooked cream with warm compote of grapes.
- Focaccia: Handmade thin Italian bread.
- Coffee and biscotti.
5040 SW Unger Road, Cornelius, OR
Purchase your ticket now or send a check to
IBC at 4110 SE Hawthorne #658,
Portland, OR 97214
or call Bob Iannacone, 971-255-0420
or contact us via www.ibcpdx.org