On behalf of the IBC Foundation, it is our continued honor and pleasure to be able to offer and award a scholarship to deserving students of Italian Ancestry. The IBC Foundation has always supported and recognized young scholars for their hard work and achievements. As a nation, our faith and confidence has always been in the vision and energy that the next generation brings to us all. The IBC Foundation appreciates the opportunity to be able to help our scholarship recipients through donations that are made from individuals and other organizations. The more we receive in donations, the more we are able to give forward in scholarships.
Wishing health, happiness and peace.
Your support and contributions will enable us to continue helping deserving students of Italian heritage.
Representing Central Catholic High School will soon make her choice of college
Owen George Davies
Representing Jesuit High School
will attend the University of San Diego
Representing Grant High School
will be attending Oregon State
Graduating from Cleveland High School, Viviana will be attending, The University of Puget Sound
Graduating from Wilsonville High School,
Ben will be attending Brigham Young University
Currently attending Rice University
Gina Marie Roland
2021 graduating senior from LaSalle Catholic College Prep Gina will be attending The University of Oregon Fall 2021
2021 Grant High school graduating senior Alex will be attending The University of Oregon Fall 2021
The IBC Foundation had it's largest number of scholarship applications for 2019. Narrowing down an outstanding field of applicants was difficult and so the board decided to award four scholarships. Each student will receive $1750.00 towards their selected school.
Jesuit High school senior will be attending the University of Portland
Clackamas High School senior will be attending the University of Oregon
Cleveland High school senior will be attending the University of Washington
La Salle College Prep senior will be attending the University of Portland
Reminder: Please submit all documents in a PDF form
Application and other documentation must be submitted by mail or email as part of the completed application prior to April 30th of current year.
Please mail or email the completed application and other documents to the IBC Foundation President: Attn: Claude Bonfiglio
955 Willamette Falls Drive
West Linn, OR 97068
West Linn, OR 97068
The applicant must complete an application and the following;
1. This scholarship is open to incoming freshmen and current college freshmen going into their sophomore year.
2. Be accepted to an accredited institution of higher learning within or outside of the State of Oregon.
3. Submit official high school or college transcripts of attended classes through the month of December prior to the year the scholarship is awarded.
4. Have a 3.5 or above grade point average.
5. Be a resident of the State of Oregon and a United States citizen.
6. Be of “Italian American” decent with at least one ancestor that can be certified to have emigrated from Italy.
7. Submit two letters of recommendation from teachers or professors.
8. Submit a current resume outlining extracurricular activities, work experience and volunteer services.
9. Submit a 500-750 word essay related to how the Italian language, culture or heritage has had an impact on the applicant’s life and values.
10. Extra consideration will be given to an applicant who attests on the application that he or she is the first in his or her family to attend college.
(Please submit all documents in a PDF form)
Each of the two recommendation letters.
The written essay
Italian lineage (surname) is verified